6 Feb 2013

This is a beginning of a...

Finally I decided to start this blog. There's neither a clear vision nor goal, just for fun, that's all. But that doesn't mean that I haven't got any idea, in fact ideas what I only got, and some sketches.

The big goal is to do some new stuff with Rovás (Rovash, Old Hungarian or whatever) script. Does it mean I want to see rovás-commercials everywhere? Or read rovás-newspapers 'Course not. I can't even read the script, but that's the most fun, I don't have to... I could do this in Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Devanāgarī (like my fav typo-designer, Ananda Maharjan) or of course in Latin. But Rovás is Hungarian, it's rare, and nobody does stuff like this.

So the expectations... First I thought I'll design some Rovás-fonts (just like Ananda did), but I realized that there are approx. 100 fonts available, so it's not necessary. I'll design some though, but later... Influenced by NepSans, there's a clear vision of a Rovás-font. But with the existing fonts I can make some cool stuff, i.e. banknotes, movie posters or company-logos. I don't want to break any copyright-rules (bit I'm afraid I will), I don't want to hurt anybody, it's just fan art (or fun art maybe, or just fun, I think it isn't art is it?)

In the meantime, just like this very moment, I write something about plans, about the Rovás, about the relation between me and Rovás, about myself, or a joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment